Wennington fatal crash victim named
THE WOMAN who died in a fatal crash in Wennington has been named.
Vera Charlick, 68, from Wickford, died following a two car collision on the A1306 New Road at the junction with Sandy Lane on Monday October 25 just before 6.30pm.
A blue Ford Fiesta travelling westbound along New Road and due to turn right into Sandy Lane was in collision with a white Fiat van travelling east in the opposite direction along New Road.
Mrs Charlick was one of five people in the blue Ford Fiesta. She was a rear seat passenger and pronounced dead at the scene.
Another female rear seat passenger, who is in her early 20s was taken to an east London hospital where she remains in a serious but stable condition. The male driver and the two other male passengers were treated at the scene but not taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A 74-year-old man was treated for head and chest pain, a 36-year-old man was treated for chest injuries and an 82-year-old man was treated for neck pain.
The male driver of the van was treated for minor injuries.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
An inquest into the death of Mrs Charlick will be opened and adjourned in due course.
Police are continuing to appeal for witnesses and information regarding the crash. There have been no arrests.
People are asked to call the Road Death Investigation Unit based at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 0208 597 4874.