Wennington fatal crash victim named
THE WOMAN who died in a fatal crash in Wennington has been named.
Vera Charlick, 68, from Wickford, died following a two car collision on the A1306 New Road at the junction with Sandy Lane on Monday October 25 just before 6.30pm.
A blue Ford Fiesta travelling westbound along New Road and due to turn right into Sandy Lane was in collision with a white Fiat van travelling east in the opposite direction along New Road.
Mrs Charlick was one of five people in the blue Ford Fiesta. She was a rear seat passenger and pronounced dead at the scene.
Another female rear seat passenger, who is in her early 20s was taken to an east London hospital where she remains in a serious but stable condition. The male driver and the two other male passengers were treated at the scene but not taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A 74-year-old man was treated for head and chest pain, a 36-year-old man was treated for chest injuries and an 82-year-old man was treated for neck pain.
The male driver of the van was treated for minor injuries.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
An inquest into the death of Mrs Charlick will be opened and adjourned in due course.
Police are continuing to appeal for witnesses and information regarding the crash. There have been no arrests.
People are asked to call the Road Death Investigation Unit based at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 0208 597 4874.