Weightloss wonder Violet, 84, from Rainham
If SEASONAL overindulgence followed by months of tiresome dieting has a familiar ring to it then an 84-year-old slimmer from Rainham may offer a little inspiration.
Violet Jennings, of Rothbury Avenue, has painlessly lost around four and a half stone in 18 months with just a few sacrifices and some tweaking of her eating habits.
At the time she joined the club in South Rainham she was taking more than 14 pills daily for blood pressure issues and diabetes but now takes just three and was named the club’s Woman of the Year.
She said: “The nurse told me ‘you will never be able to lose weight because of your age.’ It didn’t necessarily make me more determined but it was good to show her the weight coming off, she just said ‘keep up the good work.’
“I didn’t plan to lose weight, I just wanted to keep it down but it started coming off. To be named Woman of The Year as well, was wonderful. I didn’t expect it, it was lovely.”
You may also want to watch:
Slimming club members follow one of three plans but are allowed 10 to 15 ‘sins’ per day, which are foods not on officially on the menu.
Violet, who had to cut out butter and biscuits, added: “I didn’t find it that difficult and I would definitely recommend it. But if I had to offer any advice, I would say, watch what you eat. Don’t not have the pudding, enjoy yourself, but have everything in moderation.”
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 8 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
Slimming World group leader Jane Hampson said: “She is inspirational person who has encouraged other older people to sign up to Slimming World.”
For information about the club telephone 0844 897 8000.