East London weather forecast: Yellow warning for thunderstorms
- Credit: Ken Mears
Next week's weather will be a mixed bag for east London, starting with thunderstorms expected tomorrow.
The storms - set to arrive on Saturday (July 3) - will be accompanied by temperatures of 22C, the hottest expected over the coming days.
This turbulent weather is unlikely to be welcomed by residents still recovering after a "tornado" hit Barking last Friday.
While such severe conditions aren't anticipated this week, the expected thunder has prompted the Met Office to issue a yellow weather warning for tomorrow.
This spells bad news for those hoping to celebrate the upcoming National BBQ Week a little early.
The weather may also force a rethink amongst football fans planning to watch England vs Ukraine outside.
Sunday and Monday look set to be dominated by cloud and light rain, before the sun finally comes out on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
By Wednesday (July 7), temperatures should rise again to around 20C, with this set to increase by one degree the following day.
Light showers are predicted for both days, despite the reasonably warm temperatures.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 5 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 6 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 7 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 8 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 9 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor