The pictures that show the extent of the floods in Havering
- Credit: Archant
With water to the waist, submerged cars and closed schools, here are some of the pictures showing the extent of the flooding in Havering yesterday after the River Rom burst its banks.
All roads have now re-opened and refuse collection will take place throughout today and tomorrow.
Around 60 homes have been flooded both sides of Lodge Lane in Collier Row and six schools and a GP surgery were closed yesterday.
More than 100 people were rescued from the floods by firefighters, including a pregnant woman and her child.
The fire brigade assisted 50 residents from Penn Gardens and another 60 people around Frinton Road in Collier Row, one of the worst affected area.
You may also want to watch:
Send your pictures of the floods to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Man injured after assault reported at Gallows Corner supermarket
- 3 'Poor living standard': Plans for Harold Hill HMO blocked amid multiple concerns
- 4 Traffic building at petrol hotspots amid ongoing clamour for fuel
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Collier Row Roundabout set for resurfacing works
- 7 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 8 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 9 Award-winning Kushi restaurant sets up initiative to help fundraisers
- 10 West Ham's Jack Sullivan signs on as Saint Francis Hospice ambassador