The pictures that show the extent of the floods in Havering
- Credit: Archant
With water to the waist, submerged cars and closed schools, here are some of the pictures showing the extent of the flooding in Havering yesterday after the River Rom burst its banks.
All roads have now re-opened and refuse collection will take place throughout today and tomorrow.
Around 60 homes have been flooded both sides of Lodge Lane in Collier Row and six schools and a GP surgery were closed yesterday.
More than 100 people were rescued from the floods by firefighters, including a pregnant woman and her child.
The fire brigade assisted 50 residents from Penn Gardens and another 60 people around Frinton Road in Collier Row, one of the worst affected area.
You may also want to watch:
Send your pictures of the floods to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 2 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 5 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 6 Seventh person arrested in connection with fatal stabbing in Harold Wood
- 7 Sensory room in Harold Hill school gets new mural
- 8 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 9 New care unit for over 75s opens at Queen's Hospital in Romford
- 10 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood