The pictures that show the extent of the floods in Havering
- Credit: Archant
With water to the waist, submerged cars and closed schools, here are some of the pictures showing the extent of the flooding in Havering yesterday after the River Rom burst its banks.
All roads have now re-opened and refuse collection will take place throughout today and tomorrow.
Around 60 homes have been flooded both sides of Lodge Lane in Collier Row and six schools and a GP surgery were closed yesterday.
More than 100 people were rescued from the floods by firefighters, including a pregnant woman and her child.
The fire brigade assisted 50 residents from Penn Gardens and another 60 people around Frinton Road in Collier Row, one of the worst affected area.
You may also want to watch:
Send your pictures of the floods to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 8 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week