Storm: ‘Limited service’ now running on Greater Anglia, c2c trains through Havering
- Credit: Archant
A limited service with “major disruption” is running on mainline train lines through Havering after heavy winds disrupted transport into the early hours.
Regarding the Liverpool Street to Shenfield line, Greater Anglia tweeted at about 8am: “A limited service is now running but please don’t travel unless your journey is essential as there is major disruption.”
c2c, which runs services through Rainham and Upminster, tweeted that a limited service was running into London, but at 8.17am added a bus service is replacing trains between Upminster in Pitsea due to flooding.
Floods of up to two foot deep have been reported around Upminster and Rainham.
Wennington firefighters were called out to rescue four people trapped in their cars, though in every case the stricken drivers had managed to free themselves by the time the brigade arrived.
You may also want to watch:
Among the worst affected areas is that between New Road, Wennington and Launders Lane, Rainham.
Hornchurch firefighters are also believed to have been called out to four separate flooding-related incidents overnight, and are currently at an incident off St Mary’s Lane, Cranham, at which some people are reported to be trapped in a vehicle.
- 1 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 2 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 3 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 4 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 5 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 7 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood
- 8 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 9 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
Check back over the morning for more details.
Were you caught up in the storm? Send us your pictures and stories: firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us: @romfordrecorder.