Havering to expect strong winds as Met Office issues Yellow warning
- Credit: PA Images
A Yellow warning has been issued by the Met Office for the east of England as “very strong winds” are expected tomorrow evening and Friday morning.
The weather warning has been announced as strong gusts of wind are predicted to develop across parts of Wales and England during Thursday evening and Friday morning.
It is most likely that we will see gusts of 45-50mph in a few spots inland as well as more widely around exposed coasts.
However, there is also a small chance that there will be stronger winds going at 60-65mph in some areas.
There will be short-lived outbreaks of very heavy rain in places as well.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office says to expect a slight chance of some damage to buildings, a small chance of longer journey times and a slight chance that power cuts might occur.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 8 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority