Havering to expect strong winds as Met Office issues Yellow warning
- Credit: PA Images
A Yellow warning has been issued by the Met Office for the east of England as “very strong winds” are expected tomorrow evening and Friday morning.
The weather warning has been announced as strong gusts of wind are predicted to develop across parts of Wales and England during Thursday evening and Friday morning.
It is most likely that we will see gusts of 45-50mph in a few spots inland as well as more widely around exposed coasts.
However, there is also a small chance that there will be stronger winds going at 60-65mph in some areas.
There will be short-lived outbreaks of very heavy rain in places as well.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office says to expect a slight chance of some damage to buildings, a small chance of longer journey times and a slight chance that power cuts might occur.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend