Pictures: Havering flash floods as clean-up gets under way
- Credit: James Hollingsworth
Residents have shared their pictures with the Recorder of flooded homes, submerged cars and swamped gardens following flash floods on Friday night.
But while motorists battled through the conditions, homes and gardens faced the brunt of the damage with water breaching front door levels in some areas.
Many residents like Steve Mann (pictured above) spent Friday night and this weekend clearing up. His garden and the ground floor of his home flooded during the torrential rain.
Resident James Hollingsworth said: "We had a short power cut when the storm hit and the back garden was also flooded."
During the flash floods the A12 Colchester Road (RM3) between Gallows Corner and Whitelands Way was temporarily closed both ways and Greater Anglia Rail reported delays of up to 20 minutes on trains travelling through Chadwell Heath and Brentwood.
You may also want to watch:
Do you suffer persistent flooding in Havering? Email email@example.com with your experiences.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 6 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 7 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 8 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?