London set for mini heatwave, with chance of 25C temperatures
- Credit: Sean Pollock
The heatwave we should have had in August is arriving a bit late — but it's still expected to come.
Forecasters tell us we'll be basking this coming week with long spells of sunshine beginning Saturday, September 4.
Any overnight cloud should break in the morning, and the Met Office said the maximum temperature could be 24C.
Sunday looks to be dry and bright, with more sunshine and maybe a little breezy, according to the forecasters.
Then it's pure sunshine set for Monday and the rest of the week, feeling very warm for September with temperatures reaching 25C-plus.
You may also want to watch:
The mini-heatwave in London could last until the next weekend, it is predicted. That makes up for a disappointing August.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Man injured after assault reported at Gallows Corner supermarket
- 3 Traffic building at petrol hotspots amid ongoing clamour for fuel
- 4 'Poor living standard': Plans for Harold Hill HMO blocked amid multiple concerns
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Plans submitted to build five new apartments beside Upminster station
- 7 Collier Row Roundabout set for resurfacing works
- 8 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 9 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 10 Havering college to launch new £15 million Rainham centre