Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- Credit: PA
A yellow weather warning has been issued across London and the south east of England.
The Met Office has warned that thunderstorms are expected between 1pm to just before 12 midnight today (Tuesday, July 20).
The forecasters are currently expecting the rain to hit around 3pm or 4pm in east London.
It is expected that the storms will impact travel and power supplies, with flash flooding a risk.
There is a chance of lightning strikes, hail and strong winds and the Met Office has warned of difficult driving conditions and road closures.
Should there be flooding or lightning strikes, train and bus services could be cancelled.
The weather forecast shows that although the thunderstorm may miss some places, where it hits is likely to experience torrential rain, frequent lightning and gusty winds.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 5 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 8 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 9 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 10 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
It is predicted that the thunderstorms could produce 30 to 60mm of rain within one to two hours.
Power cuts may also occur as a result of the thunderstorms and services to homes and businesses could be lost.