Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- Credit: PA
A yellow weather warning has been issued across London and the south east of England.
The Met Office has warned that thunderstorms are expected between 1pm to just before 12 midnight today (Tuesday, July 20).
The forecasters are currently expecting the rain to hit around 3pm or 4pm in east London.
It is expected that the storms will impact travel and power supplies, with flash flooding a risk.
There is a chance of lightning strikes, hail and strong winds and the Met Office has warned of difficult driving conditions and road closures.
Should there be flooding or lightning strikes, train and bus services could be cancelled.
The weather forecast shows that although the thunderstorm may miss some places, where it hits is likely to experience torrential rain, frequent lightning and gusty winds.
- 1 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 2 WATCH: Man accelerates towards unconscious victim outside Sugar Hut
- 3 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 4 Noise concern leads to conditioned approval for Hornchurch Japanese restaurant's alcohol and opening licence
- 5 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 6 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 7 Knife seized in Hornchurch as part of neighbourhood patrol
- 8 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 9 Government denies campaigners' allegations Lower Thames Crossing is 'smart motorway'
- 10 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
It is predicted that the thunderstorms could produce 30 to 60mm of rain within one to two hours.
Power cuts may also occur as a result of the thunderstorms and services to homes and businesses could be lost.