Ice warning issued for London and south east England
- Credit: PA
A yellow warning has been issued as weather settles in which might cause icy stretches and travel disruption overnight into Wednesday morning.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for London and south east England in preparation for the frigid weather that's expected to hit the area this evening.
The warning says: "A mix of rain and hail showers, with some snow over higher ground, is likely to leave surfaces wet overnight.
"Surface temperatures are then expected to fall below freezing with icy stretches forming in places."
People are advised that there will probably be some icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths and some injuries from slips and falls could take place.
You may also want to watch:
For tips on protecting yourself during the icy weather visit https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/seasonal-advice.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 7 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 8 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder