We’re baaaaack! Link FM now online
AFTER six months off air, Havering’s community radio station is back - with a new international feel and online format.
Link FM, based in Chippenham Road, Harold Hill, had been forced to close in June after struggling to raise vital funds.
Now the popular community station is back in business – as Link the World Radio – and soon-to-be streaming 24 hours-a-day online.
Claiming on its website to be: “The biggest little radio station on the net,” the new online station already has a jam-packed line-up of some old and new presenters over the Christmas period.
The website adds: “Link the World Radio offers a pop rock format, with presenters from around the world.
You may also want to watch:
“Link the World Radio has music from the last 50 years, new artists and sounds from different cultures worldwide.”
The radio station, which was founded in 1992 with a four-week-a-year restricted licence and later a full-time licence in 2007, closed earlier this year after financial woes.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 8 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 9 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
The station ran on �160,000 a year with half of this coming from advertising and the rest from grants and donations.
But drastic drop in advertising and failure to secure grants saw its funding plummet, leading to the shock closure.
The online radio station is now streaming with a full schedule to come in the new year.
To get involved email: email@example.com.
To listen live visit: www.linkfm.net