‘We believe in its good work’ says company manager after Saint Francis Hospice donation
- Credit: Aston Group UK
Loyal supporters of a charity which helps people with life-limiting illness donated a cheque worth hundreds last week.
Staff at building services and management company Aston Group, Moss Lane Romford, donated £500 and two hampers to Saint Francis Hospice based in Havering-atte-Bower.
The firm’s contracts manager, Ian Cassidy, 41, said the donation was part of an ongoing commitment.
“Aston Group has had a long relationship with Saint Francis Hospice,” he said.
“We believe in the good work that it does for the community. We have had members of staff who have had to use Saint Francis’ facilities.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone gets touched by it and it’s good for the company to give back.”
The charity’s events manager Katy Richardson, said: “We want to thank Aston Group for being fantastic supporters of the Saint Francis Hospice and are extremely grateful for this generous donation and we look forward to working with them in the future.”
- 1 'Foul odour': Neighbours call for action over worsening sewage stench
- 2 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 3 Home owner ordered to pay £4,726 to remove overflowing rubbish
- 4 Patient gets £12k in out-of-court settlement with Romford dental practice
- 5 Pupils equipped for 'medical emergencies' after winning first aid classes
- 6 Heritage: Tragedy at the Upminster sewage works
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 People in hospital after Collier Row collision
- 9 Partner: Romford shooting verdict 'brushes police errors under the carpet'
- 10 Volunteer on using video skills to help hospice