Water way to have a good time: Hornchurch woman in running to test waterslides
- Credit: Archant
Donning your swimming gear and hurtling down waterslides - could this be the funnest job in the world?
Nazain Samuels, from Hornchurch, has beaten more than 2,000 applicants from across the UK to be in with a chance of becoming a holiday company’s offical waterslide tester.
She will be whisked away later this month to a five-star resort in Egypt, alongside four others, to dive head first into a series of exciting competitions.
Nazain said: “I’m really excited to be one of just five finalists selected to battle it out for the role! I really want the job but never thought I would actually get through to the final; I can’t wait off my slide testing skills. I’m really passionate about becoming a tester and hopefully my enthusiasm came through both in my interviews and original application.”
If she wins, she’ll be become First Choice’s official tester, working at destinations across Europe, including Majorca, Turkey and Egypt - and netting herself £10,000 for the six-month job in the process.
You may also want to watch:
The role will see the to ride and rate waterslides based on the “biggest splash” and “adrenaline factor” as well as share the experiences through the First Choice Twitter and Facebook pages.
Luke Gaskin, First Choice head of holiday innovation, said: “This is an amazing job for one lucky person who’ll get to escape the 9-5 and instead spend their days rating slides and pools in the sun this summer.”
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations
If successful Nazain will six-month contract with a salary of £20,000, in addition to all overseas travel expenses paid for and a seven night holiday for two at a First Choice All-Inclusive resort at the end of the six months.