Wanted man knocks himself out trying to run away from police in Rainham
- Credit: Archant
A wanted man in his 40s knocked himself unconscious after he ran into a wall trying to get away from police officers during a vehicle stop in Rainham yesterday.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed officers attempted to stop a vehicle in Cowper Road at 3.04pm on Wednesday, November 13.
He added: "The occupant of the vehicle, a man aged in his 40s, decamped from the vehicle and ran into a wall, knocking himself unconscious.
"He was arrested on suspicion of failing to stop for police, driving without insurance and driving otherwise in accordance with a driving licence.
"He was further arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill after being identified as wanted.
You may also want to watch:
"He has been taken to hospital as a precaution prior to being taken into custody."
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 7 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 8 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions