Visiting times extended in Romford hospital
New visiting times are being introduced to a Romford Hosptial, making it easier for people to come and see loved ones.
Until now, visiting hours were usually restricted to two hours in the afternoon, and another two in the evening.
Now, on the majority of wards, you can visit friends or family any time between 10.30am and 7.30pm.
The change, which has come about following discussions with patients, visitors and staff, also applies to King George Hospital in Goodmayes.
Elaine Clark, chairman of the improving patient experience group, said: “I’m so glad the trust has listened to what the patients and visitors had to say about visiting. This new approach would have made our lives much easier when I was caring for my husband John.
You may also want to watch:
“It was always hard for him to deal with too many visitors in a short time, it exhausted him. It would also have made things easier for me if John’s visitors could have staggered visits. This would have given me more time to deal with issues at home, knowing someone was there with him.
“This is such a positive move and I’m sure it will make a real difference to patients and their loved ones.”
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
Guides explaining the new visiting policy will be available on the wards and at information desks.