Video: ‘Ghosts’ caught on camera at Brookside Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Do you believe in the paranormal? Are you scared of things that go bump in the night? You might be after watching this video.
The Brookside theatre,in Eastern Road,, Romford, was at the centre of some spooky goings on this weekend - just hours after a psychic medium took to the stage. CCTV footage has revealed a chair and table moving by themselves, as well as floating orbs flying across the screen.
Theatre manager, Jai Sepple, said: “We’ve had so many strange things happen over the years but this has to be the freakiest. When I looked back at the CCTV, I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry!”
The footage was taken during the early hours of Sunday morning in the theatre’s auditorium.
Jai had been the last to leave on Saturday night and had straightened all of the chairs before he left to travel home.
He said: “You get into a kind of routine when you do this sort of thing everyday. I never usually check the CCTV cameras as there is so much on there, we would only ever check it if there was an incident.
“But I just took a look as I noticed when I came in that one of the chairs was at an angle and there it was!”
- 1 Kem Cetinay: Love Island star offers ‘deepest condolences’ after fatal motorcycle collision
- 2 'Totally gutted’: Hornchurch nightclub owner vows to appeal after opening hours extension refused
- 3 Motorcyclist dies after collision with car on Shepherds Hill
- 4 Romford World Naked Bike Ride: How protest sits at the heart of the nude cycle
- 5 Hornchurch police station: No movement on purchase plan as assurances sought about station's future
- 6 ‘It winds me up’: Cleanliness of Romford’s South Street slammed
- 7 'Extremely hard': Mum donates Isla Caton's toys in act of kindness so 'her legacy lives on'
- 8 Wennington: Sale organised in Rainham with proceeds for residents affected by devastating fire
- 9 Hornchurch care home found to have 'made improvements' at CQC check-up
- 10 Man dies after suffering gunshot injuries in Harold Hill
On Saturday night psychic medium Roy Roberts had visited the theatre for a reading.
He said: “It’s phenomenal. I’ve never been so excited about the possibility of ghosts before. This is the best footage I’ve ever seen of ghosts in action.
“When I was doing the reading, I did feel a strong sense but just didn’t know what it was. This is unbelievable.”
The video shows a chair in the third row on the right hand side moving towards the camera, 12 seconds into the clip, and then the table being pulled at 28 seconds.
The Brookside theatre became a performing arts venue in 2012. The building, constructed in 1953, previously served as the Romford War Memorial Social Club, to commemorate serving personnel who lost their lives in World War Two.
Roy said: “I just can’t wait to get back in there to do some more investigating!”