Video: ‘Ghosts’ caught on camera at Brookside Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Do you believe in the paranormal? Are you scared of things that go bump in the night? You might be after watching this video.
The Brookside theatre,in Eastern Road,, Romford, was at the centre of some spooky goings on this weekend - just hours after a psychic medium took to the stage. CCTV footage has revealed a chair and table moving by themselves, as well as floating orbs flying across the screen.
Theatre manager, Jai Sepple, said: “We’ve had so many strange things happen over the years but this has to be the freakiest. When I looked back at the CCTV, I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry!”
The footage was taken during the early hours of Sunday morning in the theatre’s auditorium.
Jai had been the last to leave on Saturday night and had straightened all of the chairs before he left to travel home.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “You get into a kind of routine when you do this sort of thing everyday. I never usually check the CCTV cameras as there is so much on there, we would only ever check it if there was an incident.
“But I just took a look as I noticed when I came in that one of the chairs was at an angle and there it was!”
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
On Saturday night psychic medium Roy Roberts had visited the theatre for a reading.
He said: “It’s phenomenal. I’ve never been so excited about the possibility of ghosts before. This is the best footage I’ve ever seen of ghosts in action.
“When I was doing the reading, I did feel a strong sense but just didn’t know what it was. This is unbelievable.”
The video shows a chair in the third row on the right hand side moving towards the camera, 12 seconds into the clip, and then the table being pulled at 28 seconds.
The Brookside theatre became a performing arts venue in 2012. The building, constructed in 1953, previously served as the Romford War Memorial Social Club, to commemorate serving personnel who lost their lives in World War Two.
Roy said: “I just can’t wait to get back in there to do some more investigating!”