WATCH: Car crashes into Hornchurch house wall
- Credit: DB Autos
A CCTV camera has captured the moment a car crashed into a Hornchurch house wall.
At about 6.35pm on March 24, a Ford Focus weaved down Douglas Road in Hornchurch, damaging vehicles and smashing into a house wall.
The incident was captured on CCTV by garage DB Autos at the end of the street.
A neighbour whose car has been written off in the incident, Michael Norman, told this newspaper: "I was sitting reading and all I heard was a bang, bang, bang as if an aeroplane had landed.
"Everyone ran out of their houses - it was like the apocalypse.
"Then I saw a guy coming out of the car - I was on the phone to the police."
He described it as "all a bit surreal".
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 6 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 7 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 8 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 9 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 10 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
The 41-year-old electrician added: "The worrying thing is with the car accident at 6.30pm, people who live down here commute, and if this would have happened without lockdown, someone would have died."
The Met Police said no one has been arrested and there were no injuries.