VICTOR’S VIEW: Tough call for the Hammers and Orient
The weekend’s best bets for West Ham and Orient
West Ham have an almighty task on Saturday. They host the leaders Manchester United at Upton Park knowing that if they were to lose then any number of teams around them in the relegation scrap could take advantage of their misfortune.
So will they lose?
Probably, but United are 4/5 and I’m not sure that’s great value. The draw at 5/2 is though with the Hammers at 7/2 the most unlikely outcome. West Ham are now 13/8 to get relegated and 4/9 to stay up.
The battle to be West Ham’s top goal scorer in the Premier League is certainly hotting up.
You may also want to watch:
Frederic Piquionne (6) has scored the most goals and is the favourite at 2/1, with Carlton Cole (5) at 5/2, Demba Ba (4) also at 5/2, and Scott Parker (5) at 11/4. Which one will top the goal scoring charts is anyone’s guess.
Leyton Orient had a mid-week off. They needed it as well. The unbeaten run is long gone and the 5-1 drubbing by Yeovil has derailed their promotion chances.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
We are now 10/1 about them going up and Charlton away at the weekend will not be easy.
Bet of the week is Portsmouth at 7/2 to win away at Reading on Saturday. It’s cracking value!
? All these odds are available online at www.victorchandler.com