VICTOR’S VIEW: Can West Ham boss Grant survive?
Betting guru Victor Chandler goes through this weekend’s best bets involving West Ham, Orient and Daggers
THE big question on the lips of most West Ham fans at the moment is, “Will Avram Grant survive the chop in the coming months?”
The Carling Cup result against Man United, and the must-win match at home to Wigan, helped to restore a fair bit of faith, but there are still rumblings in the stands that Grant is not the man to take the Hammers forward.
We feel it’s in the balance and we make it an even money chance that he won’t be in the hot seat on May 22nd 2011.
Grant is 8/11 to survive. The real damning evidence that puts Grant in trouble though is the fact that he is 4/5 to be the next Premier League manager to leave his post.
The Hammers travel to Sunderland on Sunday and they are 7/2 to make it three victories in a row.
It’ll be a tough ask, and the busy December fixture list will go a long way towards deciding his fate. There are 18 points up for grabs, but we feel they’ll get a lot less.
- 1 Hornchurch ranked top place in UK for takeaway fish and chips, study finds
- 2 Several hectares of Rainham grassland destroyed in fire
- 3 Man threatened and robbed of iPhone and bank card at Romford station
- 4 Road closures in place after Romford flat fire
- 5 Man charged with attempted murder after 23-year-old stabbed in Hornchurch
- 6 Appeal to find missing girl, 16, with links to Romford
- 7 Launch events held for businesses targeted at the ‘more mature raver’
- 8 Romford World Naked Bike Ride: How protest sits at the heart of the nude cycle
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 'What about vulnerable people?’: Couple protest parking ticket from Gallows Corner Tesco after alleged ‘double dipping’ issue
We go 8/11 that they get six points or more and evens that they get five points or less.
They are a best priced 7/2 to win at the Stadium of Light.
Meanwhile Dagenham and Leyton Orient have tough home matches this weekend if they survive the weather.
The O’s are 7/5 to beat Carlisle and the Daggers are a juicy 5/2 to beat Huddersfield at Victoria Road.
All these odds are available at my website, www.victorchandler.com.