VICTOR’S VIEW: Can West Ham boss Grant survive?
Betting guru Victor Chandler goes through this weekend’s best bets involving West Ham, Orient and Daggers
THE big question on the lips of most West Ham fans at the moment is, “Will Avram Grant survive the chop in the coming months?”
The Carling Cup result against Man United, and the must-win match at home to Wigan, helped to restore a fair bit of faith, but there are still rumblings in the stands that Grant is not the man to take the Hammers forward.
We feel it’s in the balance and we make it an even money chance that he won’t be in the hot seat on May 22nd 2011.
Grant is 8/11 to survive. The real damning evidence that puts Grant in trouble though is the fact that he is 4/5 to be the next Premier League manager to leave his post.
You may also want to watch:
The Hammers travel to Sunderland on Sunday and they are 7/2 to make it three victories in a row.
It’ll be a tough ask, and the busy December fixture list will go a long way towards deciding his fate. There are 18 points up for grabs, but we feel they’ll get a lot less.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 3 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 9 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
We go 8/11 that they get six points or more and evens that they get five points or less.
They are a best priced 7/2 to win at the Stadium of Light.
Meanwhile Dagenham and Leyton Orient have tough home matches this weekend if they survive the weather.
The O’s are 7/5 to beat Carlisle and the Daggers are a juicy 5/2 to beat Huddersfield at Victoria Road.
All these odds are available at my website, www.victorchandler.com.