Vicky Stanton, of Rainham, to climb Ben Nevis for British Lung Foundation
- Credit: Archant
It isn’t just her own health Vicky Stanton will be improving as she climbs Ben Nevis.
The 23-year-old, of Gisborne Gardens, Rainham, is taking on the tallest peak in Britain to raise cash for the British Lung Foundation – in memory of her granddad, who died in March.
It’s somewhat out of Vicky’s comfort zone – but the accounts worker said she wanted a challenge.
“I went on the British Lung Foundation website – they organise fundraising events,” she said.
“I thought this had to be the hardest one so I went for it.
You may also want to watch:
“I go to the gym but I’m not an avid hiker so I’m going to start walking on Ingrebourne Hill, trying to get my speed up.”
Vicky will be climbing the Scottish mountain between August 16 and 18.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
To sponsor her, visit www.justgiving.com/vicky-stanton.