‘Very smoked’ salmon factory on fire in Rainham
PUBLISHED: 09:29 11 February 2015 | UPDATED: 10:03 11 February 2015
A smoked salmon factory went up in flames last night after an equipment malfunction.
Fire engines attended the processing plant in New Road, Rainham, at midnight last night to put out the fire which engulfed an entire unit and destroyed the reception and loading areas of the Scotch Smoked Salmon Co Ltd.
A spokesman for Wennington Fire Station said: “The accidental fire started with a compressor which pressure washes the raw fish to clean it.
“Four pumps attended from Dagenham and Barking as well as ourselves.
“The salmon was very smoked.”
The fire brigade managed to get the fire at the factory in Suttons Business Park under control and put it out within three hours.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Romford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.