US party craze arrives in Havering
With hordes of adoring fans lining up beside a red carpet and flashbulbs flickering, onlookers could have been forgiven for thinking a Hollywood star was in their midst.
But instead, Franchesca Higgins-Vanderstein, of Hazel Crescent, Romford, was celebrating her 13th birthday which coincided with the arrival of a US party craze in Britain.
Based on the MTV programme Super Sweet 16, it offers youngsters the chance to celebrate in style, with the full VIP treatment.
Franchesca, who attends Ursuline School in Brentwood, arrived in a limousine and was escorted along the red carpet to the Blush nightclub in Noak Hill.
Crowds of friends joined her inside for an evening of music and dancing and her very own VIP area.
You may also want to watch:
Franchesca said: “I had a fantastic time. I especially enjoyed the ride in a limo, the red carpet walk and VIP area – all my friends want to have a super sweet birthday as well now.”
For information visit the website at www.supersweetpartys.com or call 0752 802 7753.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people