US party craze arrives in Havering
With hordes of adoring fans lining up beside a red carpet and flashbulbs flickering, onlookers could have been forgiven for thinking a Hollywood star was in their midst.
But instead, Franchesca Higgins-Vanderstein, of Hazel Crescent, Romford, was celebrating her 13th birthday which coincided with the arrival of a US party craze in Britain.
Based on the MTV programme Super Sweet 16, it offers youngsters the chance to celebrate in style, with the full VIP treatment.
Franchesca, who attends Ursuline School in Brentwood, arrived in a limousine and was escorted along the red carpet to the Blush nightclub in Noak Hill.
Crowds of friends joined her inside for an evening of music and dancing and her very own VIP area.
You may also want to watch:
Franchesca said: “I had a fantastic time. I especially enjoyed the ride in a limo, the red carpet walk and VIP area – all my friends want to have a super sweet birthday as well now.”
For information visit the website at www.supersweetpartys.com or call 0752 802 7753.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says