Penalty pain in league cup
Hornchurch were knocked out of the Ryman League Cup after a penalty shoot-out at East Thurrock last night.
Urchins took the lead at Rookery Hill with only 17 minutes remaining when midfielder Michael Black found the net.
Black had earned his side a Ryman Premier Division point with a goal against Billericay at the weekend.
But Hornchurch’s joy was shortlived as their Ryman One North hosts, despite losing their last four league and cup ties, hit back almost immediately to level through Steve Sheehan.
You may also want to watch:
Neither side could find a winner in extra time and Rocks kept their nerve from the spot to win the shoot-out, 5-3.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 5 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 6 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 7 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 8 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 9 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks