Penalty pain in league cup
Hornchurch were knocked out of the Ryman League Cup after a penalty shoot-out at East Thurrock last night.
Urchins took the lead at Rookery Hill with only 17 minutes remaining when midfielder Michael Black found the net.
Black had earned his side a Ryman Premier Division point with a goal against Billericay at the weekend.
But Hornchurch’s joy was shortlived as their Ryman One North hosts, despite losing their last four league and cup ties, hit back almost immediately to level through Steve Sheehan.
You may also want to watch:
Neither side could find a winner in extra time and Rocks kept their nerve from the spot to win the shoot-out, 5-3.
- 1 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 4 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 5 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 6 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 7 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 8 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 9 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 10 Men fined following New Year's Eve rave in Brentwood