Upminster woman is through to global singing competition
An Upminster woman has fought off thousands of competitors from more than 50 countries to make it through to round one of a singing talent competition.
Sophie Hayzelden, 21, is taking part in Avon Voices, launched by beauty company Avon, and is one of 12 British singers still in the running.
The winner of the competition will make a professionally produced album which will be available to buy worldwide.
She, along with the other finalists have been taken to Paris on an all expenses paid trip and taken part in a video shoot to record their music video for round one.
All the performances are now available to view and you can vote on your favourite one at Avonvoices.com.
You may also want to watch:
The contestants who will get through to round two will be determined by the public vote and a celebrity judging panel.
Sophie, of Mersey Avenue, said: “It’s such an honour to have been chosen by musical greats like Fergie and Diane Warren. The news came as a complete surprise and I’m delighted to have been selected to go through to the first round of Avon Voices.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 8 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 9 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years
“Being the only contender from Upminster I would love my local community to get behind me to help make my dream a reality.”
Anna Segatti, group vice president for Avon Western Europe and Middle East, said: “In celebration of Avon’s 125th anniversary we have invited women from around the world to showcase their talent and share their voice.
The public vote will be open until May 20.