Upminster woman is through to global singing competition
An Upminster woman has fought off thousands of competitors from more than 50 countries to make it through to round one of a singing talent competition.
Sophie Hayzelden, 21, is taking part in Avon Voices, launched by beauty company Avon, and is one of 12 British singers still in the running.
The winner of the competition will make a professionally produced album which will be available to buy worldwide.
She, along with the other finalists have been taken to Paris on an all expenses paid trip and taken part in a video shoot to record their music video for round one.
All the performances are now available to view and you can vote on your favourite one at Avonvoices.com.
You may also want to watch:
The contestants who will get through to round two will be determined by the public vote and a celebrity judging panel.
Sophie, of Mersey Avenue, said: “It’s such an honour to have been chosen by musical greats like Fergie and Diane Warren. The news came as a complete surprise and I’m delighted to have been selected to go through to the first round of Avon Voices.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 7 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
“Being the only contender from Upminster I would love my local community to get behind me to help make my dream a reality.”
Anna Segatti, group vice president for Avon Western Europe and Middle East, said: “In celebration of Avon’s 125th anniversary we have invited women from around the world to showcase their talent and share their voice.
The public vote will be open until May 20.