Upminster woman in 20s killed in Aveley road crash
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 20s was killed in a road crash on Monday.
The woman, who was from the Upminster area, has been formally identified, and next of kin have been informed.
Essex Police have confirmed she was driving toward Upminster on the Romford Road, just north of Aveley, when her car was in collision with a tree at about 3.30pm. Despite the efforts of London and Essex ambulance crews, as well as the Hertfordshire Air Ambulance, she died at the scene.
East of England Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Sadly, after everyone’s efforts at the scene, the woman was pronounced dead shortly after. Our thoughts are with her family at this tragic time.”
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward. If you saw the crash, please call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
The road, which is immediately south of the Havering border with Essex, was closed into the night as officers carried out their initial investigation.
The woman was driving a Ford Fiesta.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 9 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
Do you know her? Please contact the news desk on 020 8477 3903 or e-mail email@example.com.