Upminster woman in 20s killed in Aveley road crash
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 20s was killed in a road crash on Monday.
The woman, who was from the Upminster area, has been formally identified, and next of kin have been informed.
Essex Police have confirmed she was driving toward Upminster on the Romford Road, just north of Aveley, when her car was in collision with a tree at about 3.30pm. Despite the efforts of London and Essex ambulance crews, as well as the Hertfordshire Air Ambulance, she died at the scene.
East of England Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Sadly, after everyone’s efforts at the scene, the woman was pronounced dead shortly after. Our thoughts are with her family at this tragic time.”
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward. If you saw the crash, please call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101, or e-mail email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
The road, which is immediately south of the Havering border with Essex, was closed into the night as officers carried out their initial investigation.
The woman was driving a Ford Fiesta.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
Do you know her? Please contact the news desk on 020 8477 3903 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.