Upminster Windmill to open to the public
Residents can get the chance to explore one of Havering’s historical buildings.
Upminster Windmill in St Mary’s Lane will be opening its doors for an open day on Saturday August 18 and Sunday August 19 from 2pm to 5pm.
The grade two listed building was built by James Nokes, a farmer in 1803.
It is considered to be one of the very best remaining English smock mills.
Visitors are urged to wear sensible clothing and shoes.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.upminsterwindmill.co.uk
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood