Upminster school raises awareness of importance of wellbeing with flashmob and colour run
- Credit: Ken Mears
A school went above and beyond to expand its students’ and parents’ understanding of mental and physical wellbeing with Global Be Well Day.
Oakfields Montessori School, Harwood Hall Lane, Upminster, welcomed its community to the event on Friday, September 27, which was being celebrated by schools across several countries that are also run by Cognita Schools.
As well as fun activities, children were also able to learn about topics related to health, mental health and wellbeing at different centres around the school on the day.
Stephanie Green from the school said: "Global Be Well Day was a brilliant day!
"From the morning Boxercise session with parents, children and staff, to sessions including sleep, social media, and healthy eating, to our fun-filled colour run.
You may also want to watch:
"The whole school was enthused and the smiles were wide and many.
"Wellbeing will continue to be a focus for both staff and pupils every day at Oakfields."
- 1 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 2 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 5 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 6 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week