Upminster, Rainham and West Horndon train company named rail operator of the year
Train company c2c – which runs services through Upminster, Rainham and West Horndon – has been named Rail Operator of the Year at the National Transport Awards.
c2c set a new UK punctuality record in September, with 97.2 per cent of its trains arriving on-time during the previous twelve months.
It was the tenth successive time that c2c has finished top of this punctuality table
Judges praised the way the company has pioneered new ways of involving and communicating with passengers, including a unique trial of its new timetable before it was introduced to allow customer feedback
c2c Managing Director Julian Drury said: “I am thrilled that c2c has been recognised as the country’s leading train operator.
“It has been our most successful year ever, delivering new levels of train punctuality never achieved before in the UK, and the award is recognition for the hard work of every single c2c employee.”
- 1 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 2 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Pupils explore great outdoors at primary's 'forest school'
- 7 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 8 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 9 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns