Upminster, Rainham and West Horndon train company named rail operator of the year
Train company c2c – which runs services through Upminster, Rainham and West Horndon – has been named Rail Operator of the Year at the National Transport Awards.
c2c set a new UK punctuality record in September, with 97.2 per cent of its trains arriving on-time during the previous twelve months.
It was the tenth successive time that c2c has finished top of this punctuality table
Judges praised the way the company has pioneered new ways of involving and communicating with passengers, including a unique trial of its new timetable before it was introduced to allow customer feedback
c2c Managing Director Julian Drury said: “I am thrilled that c2c has been recognised as the country’s leading train operator.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been our most successful year ever, delivering new levels of train punctuality never achieved before in the UK, and the award is recognition for the hard work of every single c2c employee.”
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 8 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 9 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds