Upminster Old Chapel to open for the first time in 20 years
- Credit: Archant
Residents will get the chance to explore Upminster Old Chapel for the first time in 20 years.
The chapel will be opening its doors to the public on a grand opening weekend on Saturday March 23 and Sunday March 24.
The chapel was built in 1800 and is one of the few buildings to survive from this period in Upminster’s history.
The former place of worship, has been restored thanks to a Heritage Lottery Grant of £670,800 and £414, 632 from its owners Sacred Heart of Mary Girls’ School.
The chapel is set to be officially opened on March 18 by MP Angela Watkinson, it will then be open to the public on every first and third weekend of the month from April to October.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority