Upminster man, in 90s, freed from burning home
PUBLISHED: 09:44 03 September 2014 | UPDATED: 11:11 03 September 2014
A man in his 90s is suffering from smoke inhalation after members of the public freed him from a burning home in Upminster.
Crews from Hornchurch and Wennington fire stations received a call at 8.40am today to reports of a blaze in Ockendon Road.
When they arrived the elderly man had already been rescued by brave residents.
But the elderly man and two members of the public had to be treated for smoke inhalation by the London Ambulance Service.
The man was taken to Queen’s Hospital, in Rom Valley Way, Romford, where he is believed to be in a stable condition.
Police did not attend as the fire that caused damage to the ground floor of the house is being treated as non-suspicious.
Did you witness the blaze? Contact Sam on 0208 477 3892, 07785 616 229, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More to follow...
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Romford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.