Upminster man hired as professional zombie
AN UPMINSTER man has landed possibly the best job going this Hallowe’en – as a professional zombie hired to scare the living daylights out of the general public!
Twenty-one-year old Luke Richardson, from Tomkyn’s Lane, is among a dozen daring souls appointed to work in the London Tombs, a former plague pit near London Bridge, as part of the attraction’s special Hallowe’en scare-fest, Phobophobia.
Luke, who has just completed a photography degree, has been working as a paintball marshal so is already used to interacting with the public.
He said: “Being some sort of monster and terrifying people sounds awesome – much better than being stuck in an office all day!
“I used to be in school plays as a teenager and am really looking forward to getting zombie-fied in the tombs and shaking some people up!”
You may also want to watch:
London Tombs general manager James Kislingbury said: “We were astounded at some of the ideas our applicants came up with and we look forward to welcoming them to the team over Hallowe’en.
“It’s the scariest night of the year – so what better place to spend it than in the bowels of the London Tombs?”
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 9 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
Phobophobia will take from 6.00pm until 1.00am on October 29, 30 and 31.