Upminster man hired as professional zombie
AN UPMINSTER man has landed possibly the best job going this Hallowe’en – as a professional zombie hired to scare the living daylights out of the general public!
Twenty-one-year old Luke Richardson, from Tomkyn’s Lane, is among a dozen daring souls appointed to work in the London Tombs, a former plague pit near London Bridge, as part of the attraction’s special Hallowe’en scare-fest, Phobophobia.
Luke, who has just completed a photography degree, has been working as a paintball marshal so is already used to interacting with the public.
He said: “Being some sort of monster and terrifying people sounds awesome – much better than being stuck in an office all day!
“I used to be in school plays as a teenager and am really looking forward to getting zombie-fied in the tombs and shaking some people up!”
London Tombs general manager James Kislingbury said: “We were astounded at some of the ideas our applicants came up with and we look forward to welcoming them to the team over Hallowe’en.
“It’s the scariest night of the year – so what better place to spend it than in the bowels of the London Tombs?”
- 1 Man dumps knife amid Hornchurch police chase
- 2 Havering drivers pay more than £12m in traffic fines in less than a decade
- 3 Romford accountant pleads guilty to 'calculated' £160k tax fraud
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 ‘Every second there was less tree’: Historical oak trees along railway cut back
- 6 Plans submitted for 35,000sqm of commercial floorspace in first phase of Rainham industrial estate redevelopment
- 7 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 8 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 'So proud': Romford pupils achieve top grades in LAMDA exams
- 10 Taco Bell asks permission to open at ex-Thomas Cook site in Hornchurch
Phobophobia will take from 6.00pm until 1.00am on October 29, 30 and 31.