Upminster fisherman hopes to catch new anglers with free classes
- Credit: Archant
A fishery is trying to lure in new anglers by dangling free sessions in front of them.
Puddledock Fishery in St Mary’s Lane, Upminster, is hosting the taser classes to mark National Fishing Month.
Martin Roessler, chairman of the Kevin Green Angling Academy, which uses the site, is hosting the sessions.
He is hoping the sport will catch on among younger generations.
“We want to encourage people to take it up,” he said. “These are open sessions aiming to help do that.”
You may also want to watch:
Martin launched the academy last summer. It runs a training and education programme for people with disabilities, including ex-servicemen suffering from post-traumatic stress and adults with learning disabilities.
The academy is also hosting two charity events at Puddledock Farm on August 7 and 18.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 4 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 5 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 6 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 7 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 8 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 9 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 10 Charity's 10 years of teaching safe travel to vulnerable young people
If you would like to take the bait and enjoy the free sessions from qualified anglers, call 0845 459 9956 or visit nationalfishingmonth.com.