Upminster family running 10k in memory of grandmother
- Credit: Archant
A family is in training for a 10km run to raise money for the hospice which cared for their grandmother.
On May 27 the Goozee family from Upminster will be paying tribute to their Nan, Gladys, by running for Havens Hospices.
Sisters Lauren, 29, Rhianna, 24, and Zara, 21, will be taking in the city sights of Nelson’s Column, St Paul’s Cathedral, the London Eye and more along the route.
The girls’ brother, Scott, 27 and his girlfriend Karen Gazy, 22, are also running for Marie Curie Cancer Care.
Gladys, from Westcliff-on-Sea, Southend, was diagnosed with colon cancer in September last year, and was transferred to Fair Havens Hospice a month later.
You may also want to watch:
Zara added: “In the short two weeks from when we received the news to when Nan passed away she, and all my family went through a tough time.
“For her last few days the hospice made sure she was comfortable, looked after and passed away with dignity, with the people she loved most around her.”
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations
To donate to the team visit any of the following pages: http://www.justgiving.com/Lauren-Goozee, http://www.justgiving.com/Rhianna-Goozee, http://www.justgiving.com/Zara-Goozee, http://www.justgiving.com/KarenandScott-Bupa10kRun.
To sign up to run the Bupa10k visit www.havenshospices.org.uk/bupa10 before April 24.