Upminster crash leaves two in hospital with leg and chest injuries
- Credit: Archant
Two people have suffered leg and chest injuries after a big crash in Upminster on Sunday afternoon.
Emergency services were called to Hall Lane at the junction with Avon Lane and River Drive just after 1pm.
The road was closed throughout the afternoon following the crash between a Nissan Qashqai and a Renault Scenic.
The crash caused huge delays on the A127 with traffic backed up as far as Squirrels Heath Road on the Southend-bound carriageway.
A spokesman for London Ambulance Service said: “We sent two ambulance crews and a single responder by car to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“We treated two patients at the scene for leg and chest injuries and took them to hospital.”
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 5 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 6 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 7 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 8 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 9 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 10 Sadly, this isn't a funny column