Upminster Christmas lights 2019: Can you spot yourself in our gallery?
- Credit: Archant
Families and friends flocked to Upminster for this year’s festive Christmas lights switch-on event.
Surrounded by eager residents Father Christmas turned on the Christmas lights at 5pm in Station Road on Thursday, November 21.
The nearby Upminster Junior School in St Mary's Lane hosted a small fairground with a number of rides in its playground.
There were also a variety of festive stalls in Station Road including street food, a prosecco van, chestnuts, coffee and crepes and artisan bread.
Gemstarz, the Decibella's, LMT Dance School, Toy Story characters, a traditional choir and Elsa and Anna kept everyone entertained with their performances on the night.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday, December 2 its Harold Hill's turn to turn on the Christmas lights at the Hilldene Shopping Centre and the traditional Rainham Village Christmas Fayre will be held on Saturday, December 7 starting at 10am.
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?