Upminster camera club’s vice chairman nominated for photographer of the year award
- Credit: Archant
A man who is a postman by day and a photographer by night has been announced as a finalist in a competition by Europe’s largest photographyassociation.
Upminster camera club vice-chairman Andy Taylor (LRPS), 54, of Junction Road, Romford, has been selected as one of four finalists and will be in with the chance to be crowned The Society’s Photographer of the Year 2014.
He said: “I was just over the moon when I heard I was picked out of thousands for my artwork – it was an incredible feeling.”
Andy said, “I am thrilled to be a finalist in this prestigious competition and very much looking forward to the awards ceremony. My highlight of 2014 was gaining my Royal Photographic Society Licentiateship and the Societies’ nomination has kicked off 2015 with a very proud bang.”
Phil Jones, The Societies’ CEO said: “This year we have seen a fantastic range of images and the standard has been very high.
You may also want to watch:
“The finalists represent some of the finest images entered in to the competition and have competed against some of the world’s best photographers – congratulations to all our finalists.”
Andy will find out if he has won the grand prize of £1,500 and new camera equipment at The Societies’ 2015 Convention Awards Dinner on January 17.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 9 Schools say lack of funding means they can't carry out mass Covid testing
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge