UPDATE: Woman in her 20s who died in Aveley road crash was from Upminster
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 20s was killed in a road crash on Monday.
The woman, who was from the Upminster area, has been formally identified, and next of kin have been informed.
Essex Police have confirmed she was driving toward Upminster on the Romford Road, just north of Aveley, when her car was in collision with a tree at about 3.30pm. Despite the efforts of London and Essex ambulance crews, as well as the Hertfordshire Air Ambulance, she died at the scene.
East of England Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Sadly, after everyone’s efforts at the scene, the woman was pronounced dead shortly after. Our thoughts are with her family at this tragic time.”
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward. If you saw the crash, please call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
The road, which is immediately south of the Havering border with Essex, was closed into the night as officers carried out their initial investigation.
The woman was driving a Ford Fiesta.
- 1 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 5 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 6 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 7 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 8 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 9 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
Do you know her? Please contact the news desk on 020 8477 3903 or e-mail email@example.com.