UPDATE: Woman in her 20s who died in Aveley road crash was from Upminster
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 20s was killed in a road crash on Monday.
The woman, who was from the Upminster area, has been formally identified, and next of kin have been informed.
Essex Police have confirmed she was driving toward Upminster on the Romford Road, just north of Aveley, when her car was in collision with a tree at about 3.30pm. Despite the efforts of London and Essex ambulance crews, as well as the Hertfordshire Air Ambulance, she died at the scene.
East of England Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Sadly, after everyone’s efforts at the scene, the woman was pronounced dead shortly after. Our thoughts are with her family at this tragic time.”
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward. If you saw the crash, please call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101, or e-mail email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
The road, which is immediately south of the Havering border with Essex, was closed into the night as officers carried out their initial investigation.
The woman was driving a Ford Fiesta.
- 1 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 2 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 7 Romford Town swimmer Junayna Ahmed to compete in Olympic Games
- 8 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 9 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 10 New community hub opens in Rainham 'following Harold Hill centre's success'
Do you know her? Please contact the news desk on 020 8477 3903 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.