UPDATE: Upminster death crash biker is man in 20s
The motorbiker who died earlier today in Upminster was a man in his 20s, police said.
Now officers are appealing to the driver of a small silver car - possibly a Ford Ka- to come forward as a witness.
The car was seen in the area at the time of the incident before heading in the direction of Upminster Town Centre.
Officers were called at 7.55am this morning (Tuesday March 15) after a motorcycle collided with a parked car in Hall Lane.
Officers and the London Ambulance Service (LAS) attended but sadly the rider was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “We believe we know the identity of the deceased but await formal identification. Next of kin are aware.”
A post-mortem is being arranged.
- 1 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 2 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 5 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 6 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 7 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 8 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 9 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
Officers from the Road Death Investigation Unit in Chadwell Heath are investigating and anyone with any information is asked to call the witness line on: 0208 597 4874.