UPDATE: Tributes to Romford man who died in four-car pile-up
TRIBUTES HAVE been paid to a Romford man who died in a four-car crash in Newbury Park.
Sixty-nine-year-old Dusan Danilovic, of Cromer Road - a passenger in a green Citroen Picasso - was pronounced dead at the scene.
Four cars collided in Eastern Avenue, close to Newbury Park station, at just before 4pm on Saturday (January 1).
The former John Lewis stock taker married his wife Jacky in 1972 at Trinity Church, Angel Way. She said: “From all the tributes we have had he seemed a much loved man. He’ll be badly missed.”
His daughters both paid tribute to him. Emma Carter, 31, said: “He was the kind of person who always had time for everyone.”
You may also want to watch:
Claire Danilovic, 29, said: “We loved him, he’s really badly missed by all who knew him.”
Mr Danilovic was a lollipop man at Crowlands school, London Road. He leaves behind a wife, two daughters and one granddaughter.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
Donna Coy, learning support manager at Crowlands, paid tribute to the tragic lollipop man on behalf of the school: “Dusan Danilovic came to us as a school crossing patrol man in December 2006.
“He was very popular with both parents and children due to his unfailing politeness, dedication, and commitment to his job. He will be sadly missed by our whole school community.”
The 61-year-old woman driver of the Citroen and a second male passenger, understood to be in his 60s, were both taken to hospital after the crash.
The driver has since been discharged but the male passenger remains in hospital in a stable condition.
Three passengers in a blue Ford Focus, two women and a man, are still in hospital in a stable condition.
Officers from the Road Death Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage are investigating the accident.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to call police on: 020 8597 4874.
A 26-year-old man arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving has been bailed to return to an east London police station in May, pending further inquiries.