UPDATE: Tributes to Romford man who died in four-car pile-up
TRIBUTES HAVE been paid to a Romford man who died in a four-car crash in Newbury Park.
Sixty-nine-year-old Dusan Danilovic, of Cromer Road - a passenger in a green Citroen Picasso - was pronounced dead at the scene.
Four cars collided in Eastern Avenue, close to Newbury Park station, at just before 4pm on Saturday (January 1).
The former John Lewis stock taker married his wife Jacky in 1972 at Trinity Church, Angel Way. She said: “From all the tributes we have had he seemed a much loved man. He’ll be badly missed.”
His daughters both paid tribute to him. Emma Carter, 31, said: “He was the kind of person who always had time for everyone.”
You may also want to watch:
Claire Danilovic, 29, said: “We loved him, he’s really badly missed by all who knew him.”
Mr Danilovic was a lollipop man at Crowlands school, London Road. He leaves behind a wife, two daughters and one granddaughter.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 5 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 8 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 9 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Donna Coy, learning support manager at Crowlands, paid tribute to the tragic lollipop man on behalf of the school: “Dusan Danilovic came to us as a school crossing patrol man in December 2006.
“He was very popular with both parents and children due to his unfailing politeness, dedication, and commitment to his job. He will be sadly missed by our whole school community.”
The 61-year-old woman driver of the Citroen and a second male passenger, understood to be in his 60s, were both taken to hospital after the crash.
The driver has since been discharged but the male passenger remains in hospital in a stable condition.
Three passengers in a blue Ford Focus, two women and a man, are still in hospital in a stable condition.
Officers from the Road Death Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage are investigating the accident.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to call police on: 020 8597 4874.
A 26-year-old man arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving has been bailed to return to an east London police station in May, pending further inquiries.