Update: Travellers to appear in court after ignoring Havering Council deadline to leave playing fields
- Credit: Archant
A set of travellers have ignored a Havering Council deadline to leave Westlands Playing Fields in Chadwell Heath which they have occupied since Saturday.
The group are now due to appear in Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Friday.
An eviction notice by the court can be issued in the absence of the travellers who are living in five caravans on the land adjacent to West Ham Football Club’s training ground.
A Havering Council park protection team has been in place at the site since the group arrive on the weekend.
Do you live near the playing fields? Please call the newsdesk on 0208 477 3825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with information or photos.
You may also want to watch:
Read more -
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 4 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 5 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 6 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 7 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 8 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 9 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back