UPDATE: Suspected diesel and ether leaks at evacuated Brentwood lab
A pharmaceutical laboratory in Brentwood was evacuated this morning after an unidentified substance leaked fumes.
Firefighters and ambulance crews were called to The Martindale Pharmaceuticals Ltd lab in Hubert Road at 11am.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said that three people’s conditions were assessed after they inhaled the fumes and suffered from nusea and dizziness.
A spokesman for the fire service, who had four different crews at the scene, said that there were two different fumes in the building - suspected to be diesel and diethyl ether.
Both diesel and diethyl ether fumes are highly flammable.
The spokesman added that fire crews ventilated the building and left it at 1.10pm.
Have you been effected by the incident? Call our newsdesk on 020 8477 3796, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 2 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 3 Heritage: How Gallows Corner got its sinister name
- 4 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
- 5 Hanukkah 2021: Five ways to celebrate in east London
- 6 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 7 How The Apprentice's Thomas Skinner pivoted his business to weather Covid
- 8 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 9 Free parking to 'boost Havering's high streets' for Christmas season
- 10 Restrictions tightened as Omicron detected in Brentwood