UPDATE: Suspected diesel and ether leaks at evacuated Brentwood lab
A pharmaceutical laboratory in Brentwood was evacuated this morning after an unidentified substance leaked fumes.
Firefighters and ambulance crews were called to The Martindale Pharmaceuticals Ltd lab in Hubert Road at 11am.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said that three people’s conditions were assessed after they inhaled the fumes and suffered from nusea and dizziness.
A spokesman for the fire service, who had four different crews at the scene, said that there were two different fumes in the building - suspected to be diesel and diethyl ether.
Both diesel and diethyl ether fumes are highly flammable.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added that fire crews ventilated the building and left it at 1.10pm.
Have you been effected by the incident? Call our newsdesk on 020 8477 3796, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 5 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 6 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 7 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor