Update: Stab victim stable
THE man stabbed in Upminster on Saturday is still recovering in hospital but stable.
A police spokesman confirmed the 41-year-old’s condition had improved in an update today (Tuesday).
The man, now known to be from Aveley, was found stabbed in the chest around 7.45pm on Saturday night.
A woman, 37, from Rainham was arrested and has been released on bail to return to an east London police station on a date in November pending further enquiries.
Police detectives from the Violent Crime Unit based in Romford are appealing for any witnesses who were in or around the area at the time of the incident to contact them.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are keeping an open mind about the circumstances surrounding the incident and are keen to hear from anyone who may have any information.
Anyone who can assist are asked to call officers on 01708 779137 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 8 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority