Update: Stab victim stable
THE man stabbed in Upminster on Saturday is still recovering in hospital but stable.
A police spokesman confirmed the 41-year-old’s condition had improved in an update today (Tuesday).
The man, now known to be from Aveley, was found stabbed in the chest around 7.45pm on Saturday night.
A woman, 37, from Rainham was arrested and has been released on bail to return to an east London police station on a date in November pending further enquiries.
Police detectives from the Violent Crime Unit based in Romford are appealing for any witnesses who were in or around the area at the time of the incident to contact them.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are keeping an open mind about the circumstances surrounding the incident and are keen to hear from anyone who may have any information.
Anyone who can assist are asked to call officers on 01708 779137 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 6 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 7 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 9 Get clued up on road and train disruptions coming to the area
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend