Update: Stab victim stable
THE man stabbed in Upminster on Saturday is still recovering in hospital but stable.
A police spokesman confirmed the 41-year-old’s condition had improved in an update today (Tuesday).
The man, now known to be from Aveley, was found stabbed in the chest around 7.45pm on Saturday night.
A woman, 37, from Rainham was arrested and has been released on bail to return to an east London police station on a date in November pending further enquiries.
Police detectives from the Violent Crime Unit based in Romford are appealing for any witnesses who were in or around the area at the time of the incident to contact them.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are keeping an open mind about the circumstances surrounding the incident and are keen to hear from anyone who may have any information.
Anyone who can assist are asked to call officers on 01708 779137 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 3 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 4 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 5 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 6 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 7 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone
- 9 Council campaign calls on residents to take up Covid vaccine
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks