UPDATE: Romford man accused of baby son’s murder
A MAN has appeared in court charged with the murder of his 14-month old son.
Nathan Allen, of Erith Crescent, Collier Row, appeared from custody in a short hearing at Havering Magistrates’ Court, in Main Road, Romford, this morning, Monday (January 10).
The 26-year-old, who had scars to his face and head and wore a white t-shirt and tracksuit bottoms, spoke only to confirm his name, address and date of birth.
Prosecuting Elizabeth Ajayi said: “We can’t deal with this here today. It will have to be sent to the Central Criminal Court.”
Allen who cried throughout the hearing and held his head in his hands as he left the dock will appear at the Old Bailey, in London, tomorrow, (Wednesday January 12).
You may also want to watch:
No plea has been entered. The court heard it was not expected an application would be made for Allen to be released on bail.
The baby was pronounced dead at an East London Hospital on Thursday (January 6). A postmortem examination carried out on Saturday (January 8) at Great Ormond Street Hospital gave the cause of death as blunt trauma injury to the abdomen.
- 1 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 4 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 5 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 6 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears
- 7 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place
- 8 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
- 9 Hornchurch pub licensing meeting postponed due to 'possibly prejudicial' email
- 10 Hornchurch man ‘lucky’ for rare disorder diagnosis, thanks to junior doctor
Detectives from the Child Abuse Investigation Team are investigating.