UPDATE: Romford man accused of baby son’s murder
A MAN has appeared in court charged with the murder of his 14-month old son.
Nathan Allen, of Erith Crescent, Collier Row, appeared from custody in a short hearing at Havering Magistrates’ Court, in Main Road, Romford, this morning, Monday (January 10).
The 26-year-old, who had scars to his face and head and wore a white t-shirt and tracksuit bottoms, spoke only to confirm his name, address and date of birth.
Prosecuting Elizabeth Ajayi said: “We can’t deal with this here today. It will have to be sent to the Central Criminal Court.”
Allen who cried throughout the hearing and held his head in his hands as he left the dock will appear at the Old Bailey, in London, tomorrow, (Wednesday January 12).
You may also want to watch:
No plea has been entered. The court heard it was not expected an application would be made for Allen to be released on bail.
The baby was pronounced dead at an East London Hospital on Thursday (January 6). A postmortem examination carried out on Saturday (January 8) at Great Ormond Street Hospital gave the cause of death as blunt trauma injury to the abdomen.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 7 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
Detectives from the Child Abuse Investigation Team are investigating.