UPDATE: Rainham driveway car fire being treated as suspected arson
Police are investigating a suspected arson incident in which a family were forced to flee a car fire on their driveway moments before it spread to their house.
The front windows of the house in Guysfield Drive, Rainham began to crack after the blaze, which started at around 11.30pm.
A spokesman for the fire brigade said: “There were people in the front of the house. They evacuated to the back while we dealt with it.
“We managed to stop it spreading to the house.”
The fire was extinguished in about ten minutes.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “We are appealing for anyone who may have seen anything in the area at around 11.30pm to come forward with information.
“Our investigations are ongoing.”
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 6 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 9 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 10 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
Anyone with information is asked to call Romford CID on 101.