UPDATE: Mum and toddler electrocuted after heater fell in bath in Harold Hill
A MOTHER and her three-year-old son have died after an electric heater fell into their bath.
The boy, who is believed to be named, Filip was pronounced dead after the portable electric heater next to the bath fell into the water on Thursday January 13 at around 8.30pm in Tennyson Road, Harold Hill.
The woman, who is believed to be named Lilian,34 was taken to Queen’s Hospital in Rom Valley Way, Romford after the incident but was pronounced dead earlier this morning.
Firefighters from Harold Hill fire station arrived at the scene at around 8.30pm and joined crews from the London Ambulance in trying to save the woman’s life.
According to the London Evening Standard the electric heater had been installed just the day before to keep the family warm.
You may also want to watch:
The woman’s husband, Mr Arsene told the London paper through a translater that the alarm was raised when his seven-year-old son Marco tried to speak to his mother, through the bathroom door.
When no repsonse was made, Mr Arsene said that he broke the bathroom door down and dragged them both out of the water before calling the emergency services.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 7 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
Mr Arsene, originally from Romania is thought to have moved from Italy to Romford about two months ago, with his wife and children following a month later.
The news of the mother and son’s death has shocked residents in Harold Hill.
One neighbourhood watch member, who did not want to be named said: “I was at home when it happened and I just looked out of my window and saw that the ambulance carrying out the body of a child and I could just see his little arms dangling.
“There were lots of people just standing outside watching because there were all the london ambulance staff and firefighters around.”
Another neighbour, who didn’t want to be named said: “There were a lot of people coming inside and out of the house all the time.
“The family never really spoke to anyone and just kept themselves to themselves.”