UPDATE: Motorcyclist suffers life-threatening injuries in crash on A127
Police advised motorists to avoid the A127 near its junction with the M26 at Warley, Brentwood, on Thursday afternoon following a serious road collision which left a man with life threatening injuries.
At 11.45am, a red Yamaha motorbike and a white Layland Daf recovery vehicle collided on the the London-bound A127.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 40s, has been taken by ambulance to Queen’s Hospital, Rom Valley Way, Romford.
The A127 was closed at junction 29 of the M25 and its junction with the B186 in both directions.
A spokesman for Essex County Council said that the road was fully re-opened at 6.20pm, although delays on approach roads continued for some time.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for anyone with information about the collision to contact the Chigwell road policing unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people