UPDATE: Motorcyclist suffers life-threatening injuries in crash on A127
Police advised motorists to avoid the A127 near its junction with the M26 at Warley, Brentwood, on Thursday afternoon following a serious road collision which left a man with life threatening injuries.
At 11.45am, a red Yamaha motorbike and a white Layland Daf recovery vehicle collided on the the London-bound A127.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 40s, has been taken by ambulance to Queen’s Hospital, Rom Valley Way, Romford.
The A127 was closed at junction 29 of the M25 and its junction with the B186 in both directions.
A spokesman for Essex County Council said that the road was fully re-opened at 6.20pm, although delays on approach roads continued for some time.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for anyone with information about the collision to contact the Chigwell road policing unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says