UPDATE: Member of public discovered dead man in Elm Park takeaway
THE man found dead in an Elm Park takeaway last week is believed to have hanged himself.
It is thought a member of the public made the grim discovery as he passed Ocean Fish and Chips, The Broadway, in the early hours of Saturday morning (January 29).
The passer-by called ambulance crews, but the man – thought to be in his twenties and the co-owner of the shop - was pronounced dead at the scene.
A police spokesman said: “Police were called shortly before 1.30am on Saturday to reports of a body found at a kebab shop in The Broadway, Elm Park. Officers attended and forced entry to the premises.
“His next of kin have been informed. The death is being treated as unexplained at this time and enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
A postmortem is yet to have been carried out.
It is believed that the man had only been in charge of the takeaway for around a year.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Man injured after assault reported at Gallows Corner supermarket
- 3 Traffic building at petrol hotspots amid ongoing clamour for fuel
- 4 'Poor living standard': Plans for Harold Hill HMO blocked amid multiple concerns
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Collier Row Roundabout set for resurfacing works
- 7 Plans submitted to build five new apartments beside Upminster station
- 8 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 9 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 10 Havering college to launch new £15 million Rainham centre