UPDATE: Man who died in M25 crash yesterday is from Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A man who died in a crash on the M25 yesterday was from Ilford.
The collision between four lorries and six cars happened near Lakeside, and saw the clockwise carriageway closed for nine hours, causing delays on the A127.
A man, 79, from Ilford, who was driving a silver Renault Clio, died at the scene.
His son, 58, also from Ilford, is currently in a stable condition at the Royal London Hospital. He was a passenger in the Clio.
A woman, 47, from Basildon, who was driving a black Mercedes, is also in a stable condition at the Royal London Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Police are questioning a lorry driver, 58, from Germany, at Basildon police station after he was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
Another driver, 43, from Poland, was also arrested at the scene, but was later released without charge.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 6 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 9 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 10 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
Anyone with information is asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Essex Police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.