UPDATE: Man dies after collision with train at Brentwood station
A 36-year-old man died after being hit by a train at Brentwood Station on Saturday morning.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: “Police were called to Brentwood rail station on Saturday after the driver of the 9.44am Shenfield to London Liverpool Street service reported that a man had been struck by a train.
“BTP and Essex Police officers attended the incident, which was reported to police at 9.50am, and is currently being as non-suspicious.
“Paramedics attended, but the man who is believed to be 36-years-old and from East Ham, was pronounced dead at the scene.
“A file will be prepared for the coroner.”
You may also want to watch:
The line was handed back to Network Rail at 12.38pm.
Train services were disrupted for several hours after the incident, and a shuttle bus service was laid on to Shenfield for passengers from Brentwood.
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
>> Did you know the man? Call our newsdesk on 020 8477 3796 or leave your tributes below.