UPDATE: Lane closure on London-bound A12 continues into third day
A lane of the A12 remains shut as work on a burst water main continues into a third day.
The London-bound lane close to the Whitelands Way junction was closed at 10pm on Tuesday.
It reopened during the morning rush hour on Wednesday and Thursday
As of 10am on Thursday the lane was once again shut and there was no estimate for when work would be complete.
An Essex and Suffolk Water spokesman said the company was working on a “temporary reinstatement” of the 12-inch pipe, with more permanent work after the Olympics.
During a break in the water works, police closed the road on Wednesday so firefighters could extinguish a burning car.
The road was open for about 90 minutes before Esses and Suffolk Water shut it off again.
- 1 Wendy's Romford to open tomorrow
- 2 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 3 Eight-storey housing and retail development proposed for centre of Romford
- 4 Mayor of Havering admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- 5 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 6 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 7 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 8 Police: Blaze in flats with flammable cladding was arson attack
- 9 Developer submits plan to build 28 houses on rural industrial park
- 10 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'