UPDATE: Lane closure on London-bound A12 continues into third day
A lane of the A12 remains shut as work on a burst water main continues into a third day.
The London-bound lane close to the Whitelands Way junction was closed at 10pm on Tuesday.
It reopened during the morning rush hour on Wednesday and Thursday
As of 10am on Thursday the lane was once again shut and there was no estimate for when work would be complete.
An Essex and Suffolk Water spokesman said the company was working on a “temporary reinstatement” of the 12-inch pipe, with more permanent work after the Olympics.
You may also want to watch:
During a break in the water works, police closed the road on Wednesday so firefighters could extinguish a burning car.
The road was open for about 90 minutes before Esses and Suffolk Water shut it off again.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 5 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 6 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 7 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
- 8 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 9 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 10 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace